Thursday, July 31, 2008

Serendipity:

I never believed in destiny, and I'm not sure than I even do now. But if ever there was something that might convince me, it's the strange force that tried for over two years to bring Chris and I together.

-We lived in the same residence hall. (Okay, no biggie, approximately 95% of freshmen lived in one of the three giant dorms. Odds were about 31% or so.)
-I made friends early on with a guy who happened to live on their exact hall. (Again, nothing too terribly special considering a had at least one friend on about half of the 36 various halls.)
-Before junior year I had a summer fling with a guy that played guitar for one of the local bands that I liked... who just so happened to have been roommates with Chris freshman and sophomore year. Chris had moved out of their apartment a couple of weeks before I started coming over constantly to hang out. (Whoa, getting kinda freaky.)
-Every semester I would sign up for one extra class than I needed and after attending the first day of class, I would pick which one would probably be the most difficult and drop it from my schedule. During the first day of a particular history class, I saw that I was one of three girls in the entire class, which was filled with very attractive boys. Oh yes. One of said boys proclaimed that he was from Lawrenceville, Georgia, which happened to be where my new roommates were from as well. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to make the class friend that I always try to make in order to have a study buddy. However, after being completely intimidated by the professor's sheer genius, I chose that class to be the one that I would drop. That boy from Lawrenceville was Chris. And he would have known my roommates and other L-ville acquaintances had I spoken with him, so he wouldn't have thought my opening line was completely strange and we probably would have befriended each other. (Seriously.)
-The next semester my roommate decided at the last minute to join me in taking a particular history course despite the fact that he was a political science major. It was because he added the class that he recognized Chris from high school on the first day and invited him to come and sit with us. (He was so cute... I was hooked.)
-Not to mention that I met my roommates through my aforementioned summer fling/former roommate of Chris.

After that first class, I proclaimed to my roommates something along the lines of: "Ohmygod he is so hot! He has the nicest calves I've ever seen. I have to have him."

No joke.

One very long semester full of giggles during lectures, "studying" for tests, and too many Colt 45 40's every week, we kissed. And to be honest, it was awful. But I was so smitten I didn't care. And that says a lot in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some of that comment lovin'!