That being said, the room at the top of my agenda: the bedroom. Great, now that I have that settled, what look am I going for? Honestly I have no idea. I'm in need of some inspiration, stat!
I headed on over to PointClickHome to simply pick out some bedrooms that struck me. From there, maybe I'll be able to figure out my personal style, and then how to achieve it? One can hope. Here are the images that jumped out at me:






This one is probably my favorite:

Some things I learned along the way:
-I like rather tall beds... nothing even close to the floor is for me.
-Reading lamps mounted to the wall by the bed are an immediate turn-off.
-Bulky furniture just isn't for me.
-Light fixtures are a quintessential part to any room.
-I'm all about neutrals with a hint of color... no extremes.
-Clutter makes me cringe.
-Minimalistic rooms lack that warm feeling to me.
Overall, I think that the key to a good bedroom is comfort... something that makes you want to roll around in bed all day long. Once that long-awaited real job and accompanying real paycheck come along, a really nice bed will be priority numero uno!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Show me some of that comment lovin'!