Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Personal Opinion:

It's no secret that I went through a time period in which I was basically addicted to WeddingBee. I read every post. Even though I have no plans for nuptials in the near future whatsoever, it was fun to read!


News broke yesterday that WeddingBee has been sold to eHarmony.com. Although I was very happy to see Miss Gingerbread, Miss Cream Puff, and Miss Sweet Tea stand up to this site's policies against matching same-sex couples, this definitely makes me look at the site differently and although I previously was certain that I'd apply for a Bee position when that day came (if the site still existed at that point, of course), I won't be doing that given their new affiliation. I'd be working (for free!) for a company that goes against everything I believe... no thank you.

And now I feel like it's my duty to stick it to the man and withdraw my devotion to the site and set off for greener pastures (i.e. design blogs). In mourning of WeddingBee's principles, here is a list of some of my favorite and not-so-favorite Bees over the past:

Favorites:
Miss Lovebug- Her wit and word play often got my laughing out loud, not to mention the fact that her dress was flat out gorgeous. Somewhat unconventional but totally creative, I got a lot of awesome inspiration from this talented lady!
Miss Cream Puff- After I saw the wonder that was her invitation suite, I was hooked. As a graphic designer she had some great things to bring to the table, and I really enjoyed following her crafting endeavors.
Miss Pineapple- This Bee just seemed so gosh-darned down to Earth, which I absolutely love!
Miss Meatball- Sassy and fun-loving, this veggie and I have different taste but I still loved reading her posts! She's one of those gals that I'd be friends with... ya know, if I actually knew her. ;)
Miss Lemonade- A true Southern belle from Texas, this Bee is absolutely gorgeous and I have loved a lot of the things that she shared.
Miss Candy Corn- Her endearing quirkiness was just so refreshing and fun to read. Plus, the girl can draw... a talent that I am so sad to not possess myself.

Hit and Miss:
Miss Avocado- This woman had the nerve to plan her wedding before she even got engaged! I'm talking booked the venues, bought the dress, the whole nine! It really is embarrassing. Not to mention the fact that she's a Mormon... which I can't really get down with.
Miss Pinot Noir- Her taste is deplorable. From her invitations to the guestbook in quilt form (no seriously, a full on quilt will be made)... I would cringe every time she made a design choice.
Miss Flip Flop- Sorry but I think that a Disney wedding is lame.
Miss Ballet Flat- I just wasn't feelin it (not only because she is a LSU fan/alum, either).
Miss Sea Breeze- Her posts were entirely too long-winded.

Miss Flip Flop did slightly redeem herself, however, when she withdrew her membership from the hive due to the eHarmony affiliation. Major props for that.

(Again, these are my opinions and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone over at WeddingBee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some of that comment lovin'!