I got Emerson one day on a whim at 20 years old. I have had him ever since. One of the things that I loved so much about Chris was how quickly he took to Emerson, and vice versa. When we decided to look for a second dog together, it was concluded that Chris would get said new pup in the event of a break-up. We found little Lily and fell in love. Unfortunately, Lily was obviously abused by a man in her past, and therefore is very apprehensive about basically the entire gender. This resulted in a much stronger bond between the two of us, and an increasing bond between Chris and Emerson. A few weeks into life with two dogs, it was decided: I would take Lily and Chris would take Emerson instead.
I definitely miss not having Emerson around all of the time, but it is okay since I have Lily around still. But I thought I should share some adorable pictures from the first few weeks of having my very own dog:





Yeah... now you understand why I couldn't walk away from that 5-week-old cutie! He was so damn cute...

oh no. Will you and Lily get to visit him?
ReplyDeleteOh man - we have some equally cute shots of Leela as a pup. I'm glad you get to keep Lily but I'm bummed you don't get to keep both. :(
ReplyDeleteAshley- Honestly, I couldn't handle having two dogs by myself so it is definitely for the best.
ReplyDeleteESB- We have been able to visit with Emerson here and there, but I think that this will being dropping off considerably now that I have officially ended things vs. putting them on "pause". :(