Monday, October 13, 2008

This Journey is Coming to a Close:

From here.

I'm thoroughly convinced that everyone has a sob story to tell about how difficult their life has been... and mine would most definitely fall flat in comparison to many who have faced much greater odds and much more adversity, only to accomplish much more than I have thus far in my life. Because of this, I am not going to recount the sordid tale of my past in an attempt to persuade you to participate in any sort of pity party on my behalf... but I will say that these past four years have been very difficult for me.

And therefore, I find no greater pleasure than to stroll into beautiful Leconte Hall for academic advisement to have a man with glasses and some snide comments about Sarah Palin (oh history majors... so liberal... so awesome!) to hand me a sheet of paper stating that I am a mere 9 credit hours from graduating from the University of Georgia.

I've almost done it... I've financially and emotionally put myself through college (almost). Yes, there was some major assistance from some awesome aunts, friends, and sisters (on the emotional end, anyways), so they definitely deserve some major props for being so amazing and wonderful!

The point is: I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I cannot wait to really start my life! It's going to be great. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some of that comment lovin'!